Chrysos Corporation is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic hands on Maintenance Engineer. The successful applicant will have excelled in their technical studies and have at least 3 year’s working experience. Chrysos is headquartered in Adelaide, however the role is based in Perth where Chrysos has a satellite office.
About our company: Chrysos develops and builds X-ray instruments for compositional analysis for laboratory and field use. We aim to replace conventional, chemistry-based analysis methods in minerals applications around the world.
We provide a unique assay service for the mineral exploration, mining and processing industries. We replace conventional, chemistry-based analysis methods such as fire-assay in minerals applications around the world.
The ChrysosTM PhotonAssay technology, originally developed by the CSIRO, uses high-power X-rays to rapidly measure gold and other metals in mineral ores. PhotonAssay units are being deployed in both city-based and remote location around the world. High performance and reliability of the sample automation system is essential for delivering more than 50,000 samples per month from each unit.
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
- maintenance and service of PhotonAssay installations in Western Australia, initially in Canning Vale (Perth) and Kalgoorlie.
- scheduled monthly maintenance as well as responding to breakdowns on short notice to minimise downtime and maximise availability.
- technical support service for the installations via telephone, email and remote computer login for troubleshooting and performance checks during and out of office hours as agreed. This will involve liaising with support staff at Chrysos’ headquarters and our technology partner in China.
- training of the customer on the safe operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- site specific spares inventory management for customers and installations within Western Australia.
- Complete maintenance and spares documentation and providing feedback to customers.
- Assisting in the development and continual improvement of the processes associated with the maintenance and service of PhotonAssay systems.
- Assisting in the installation and commissioning of new installations within Western Australia.
- Supporting the development of a strong OH&S culture.
Skills and Competencies
- A tertiary qualification in engineering (preferably mechatronic), mining or a closely related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining technical equipment.
- Strong customer service ethos and problem-solving skills.
- Able and willing to travel and work within Australia and overseas, including at remote locations such as mine sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the mining industry and mine-site operations.
- Customer Service and Field Service experience in the mining or mineral sector (or related) processing industries.
- Demonstrated experience in fault finding in electro-mechanical equipment.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: mechanical maintenance and repairs; basic electronics; metal-working; engineering drawing and design.
- Experience in product development and the manufacturing sector.
- Familiarity with office productivity software such as Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Meets deadlines for delivering results.
- Strong inter-personnel skills, able to work well with others to achieve outcomes.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Report directly to Chrysos’ Program Manager.
- Engage closely with Chrysos customers on the maintenance and technical support of the PhotonAssay systems in Western Australia.
- Interact with scientists and engineers in the Chrysos product development teams.
- Competitive base salary
- Superannuation 9.5%
- Additional travel allowance negotiable
Applicants must submit a covering letter, CV and statement addressing the required skills and competencies to firstname.lastname@example.org. The skills statement should outline how you meet the essential skills, and as many of the desirable skills as you think you possess.