Applicants will not be considered unless they submit both a CV and a summary of how they meet the essential and desirable skills and competencies listed below.
Only Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents are eligible to apply for this position
Email applications and any questions to email@example.com
POSITON DESCRIPTION – NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Network Security Engineer to join Chrysos Corporation. Reporting to the Software Engineer, the Network Security Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining solutions to provide remote access to Chrysos’ PhotonAssay units and the data that they produce. He or she will also provide local office systems administration support, focussing on networking, security, data storage and backup.
The successful candidate will manage the selection of software and hardware platforms, overall architecture, development, implementation and maintenance of both local and remote systems.
We are developing innovative assay technologies for the exploration, mining and mineral processing industries. We aim to replace conventional, chemistry-based analysis methods such as fire-assay in minerals applications around the world.
The ChrysosTM PhotonAssay technology, originally developed by and licenced from the CSIRO, uses high-power X-rays to rapidly measure gold and other metals in mineral ores. PhotonAssay units are being deployed in both city-based and remote location around the world. Units generate substantial data volumes, to which Chrysos engineers and customers require secure and high-availability access.
- Design and implement security framework providing support of PhotonAssay systems, interfacing with existing PostgreSQL database and Python software.
- Maintain local office IT system security including VPN’s, Active Directory, Sophos networking, Veeam Backup, email and file-share access.
- Conduct security risk assessments of current and future PhotonAssay installations in Australia and around the world, including remote locations in Africa, Asia, and North, Central and South America. Provide authoritative advice and guidance on security strategies to manage safe networking, secure offsite management and cloud storage.
- Provide practical input to the Chief Technology Officer, Software Engineer and other technical staff to develop network security designs for new products.
- Implement documentation, testing, quality assurance and source-code management procedures in line with industry best-practice.
- Contribute to a culture that values collaboration, technical excellence and on-going staff learning and development.
- Support the development of a strong OH&S culture.
Skills and Competencies
- A tertiary qualification in software engineering, or equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a software engineering role, including design and implementation of network and data security.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of networking, modern software design and management practices.
- Experience setting up and performing systems administration on Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with hardware firewall administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including preparation of technical documentation and manuals.
- Able and willing to travel and work within Australia and overseas, including at remote locations such as mine sites, to support product commissioning and fault-finding.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Meets deadlines for delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration with people from different technical disciplines.
- Ability to work autonomously for extended periods and to take initiative to achieve goals.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Inventive and creative approach to problem solving; comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended questions.
- Report directly to the Software Engineer.
- Collaborate with members of the technical development team, including the Product Manager, other software engineers and scientists.
- Engage with Chrysos suppliers and sub-contractors during design, installation, commissioning and on-going support phases of the product life-cycle.
- Interactions with Chrysos customers during installation and commissioning of new products.
- Competitive base salary
- Superannuation 9.5%
- Participation in employee share ownership program