We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Office Manager to support our rapidly growing team in Adelaide. The successful applicant will take on a wide range of responsibilities, including managing our head office, book-keeping, organising domestic and international travel, assisting with logistics, insurance and shipping, and providing support to Chrysos’ technical staff and management.
Chrysos expects to relocate to a new Adelaide location in 2020 and the Office Manager will play a key role in this move, helping to identify and outfit suitable premises and take charge of the transition process.
The role is based in Chrysos’ Adelaide office, currently located on the Waite Campus, Urrbrae. Working hours are negotiable, from a minimum of 24 hours per week up to full-time.
About our company: Chrysos develops and builds novel X-ray technology for minerals analysis and has attracted significant financial investment to fast-track the development of systems for laboratory and field use. We aim to replace conventional, chemistry-based analysis methods in minerals applications around the world.
- Manage Chrysos’ Adelaide office, including supervision of sub-contractors, ordering of supplies, and maintenance of records, files and correspondence.
- Manage Chrysos’ financial records, including book-keeping, invoicing, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, BAS/IAS and general banking services.
- Arrange domestic and international travel and accommodation.
- Assist technical and operations staff with project logistics, including shipping, equipment ordering, record-keeping and insurance.
- Assist technical and management staff with the preparation of reports and presentations.
- Contribute to a culture that values collaboration, professional excellence and on-going staff learning and development.
- Support the development of a strong OH&S culture. Maintain and help to develop health and safety policies and procedures. Manage inductions of new staff.
Skills and Competencies
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as an office manager, personal or executive assistant or similar role.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining company accounts, including use of accounting software such as MYOB, Xero or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using office productivity software, especially email, word-processing and spread-sheet tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar subject.
- Experience in planning and arranging staff travel, including flights, ground-transport and accommodation in Australia and overseas.
- Experience managing office transfers and setup, including reviewing leases, supervising fit-out contractors and relocating staff and equipment.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Meets deadlines for delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including working with people from different backgrounds and other countries.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Report directly to Chrysos’ Program Manager.
- Work closely with technical and operations staff and management.
- Engage with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Interact with customers, for example when arranging meetings and visits
- Competitive base salary
- Superannuation 9.5%
- Participation in employee share ownership program
Applicants must submit a covering letter, CV and statement addressing the required skills and competencies to email@example.com.
Your covering letter should be about a page in length and explain a bit more about yourself and why you are interested in the role. Avoid just repeating your CV in prose form. A good covering letter will help us understand what sort of person you are and why you are a good fit for the job.
Your CV should ideally be 2-3 pages in length and focus on your skills and experience that are most relevant for the advertised role.
The skills statement should outline how you meet the essential skills, and as many of the desirable skills as you think you possess. Concrete examples of how you demonstrate the personal attributes would also be valuable. Responses should run to about a paragraph for each skill or attribute, and the statement should be no more than about 2 pages in total.