We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Program Manager to join Chrysos Corporation, a start-up company developing innovative assay technologies for the exploration, mining and mineral processing industries.
The Chrysos PhotonAssay™ technology, originally developed by and licenced from the CSIRO, uses high-power X-rays to rapidly measure gold and other metals in mineral ores. Chrysos Corporation has attracted significant financial investment to fast-track the development of a family of systems for laboratory and field use. We aim to replace conventional, chemistry-based analysis methods such as fire-assay in minerals applications around the world.
Working directly with and reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the Program Manager will oversee all aspects of the development of new products, assist in the management of both the Chrysos technical team and external contractors, and supervise installation, commissioning and maintenance arrangements of our analysis systems.
- Develop high-level customer requirements and specifications for new products based on input from management, technical experts, regulators and end-users.
- Supervise and coordinate Chrysos technical staff and external contractors in the development of detailed product specifications and designs.
- Manage the design, construction, delivery, installation and commissioning of new products.
- Manage the product development relationship between Chrysos clients, suppliers, regulators and contractors.
- Prepare and track detailed costing and budgetary information to assist management in their business planning, forecasting and strategy.
- Prepare manuals and technical documentation for new product lines.
- Identify new product development opportunities for Chrysos’ technology and expertise.
- Contribute to a culture that values collaboration, technical excellence and on-going staff learning and development.
- Provide effective OH&S leadership.
Skills and Competencies
- A degree in a physical science or engineering subject, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a production management, project management or technical leadership role.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of technical and non-technical staff, contractors, regulators and clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain and present complex technical concepts to non-specialists.
- Able and willing to travel and work within Australia and overseas, including at remote locations such as mine sites.
- Experience developing complex technical or scientific products; familiarity with X-ray, nuclear or radiation-based systems would be a particular advantage.
- Experience using financial modelling and project-planning software.
- Familiarity with Australian and/or international radiation safety regulations.
- Ability to speak a second language other than English; Chinese (Mandarin) or Spanish would be particularly useful.
- Attention to detail and methodical planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including leadership and motivation of staff.
- Ability to work autonomously for extended periods, for example when travelling to remote sites away from the team.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Inventive and creative approach to problem solving; comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended instructions.
- Willingness to represent the company and explain its technology and products to customers.
- Report directly to and work closely with the Chief Technology Officer.
- Supervise members of the technical development team, including engineers and scientists.
- Engage with Chrysos clients and customers during design, installation, and commissioning and on-going support phases of the product life-cycle.
- Engage and supervise external contractors, both in Australia and overseas.
- Competitive base salary
- Superannuation 9.5%
- Performance-related pay component
- Participation in employee share ownership program