We are seeking a smart and enthusiastic Project Engineer/Manager to join Chrysos Corporation, a company developing innovative assay technologies for the exploration, mining and mineral processing industries. The successful applicant will have excelled in their university studies, have at least 3 years’ work experience in a hands-on role, and be keen to develop their skills in a fast-moving commercial environment.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Program Manager. He or she will assist with coordinating all aspects of developing, commissioning and supporting new high-tech products. The ChrysosTM PhotonAssay technology, originally developed by and licenced from the CSIRO, uses high-power X-rays to rapidly measure gold and other metals in mineral ores. PhotonAssay units are being deployed in both city-based and remote locations in Australia and around the world.
- Assist with the development of new products, including liaison with manufacturers, suppliers and sub-contractors, project tracking and logistical support.
- Assist with the installation process, including site visits, requirements specification, and meeting local licencing and accreditation rules.
- Assist with product commissioning, including liaison with customers and their sub-contractors, schedule planning, and coordination of on-site technical teams.
- Supply chain management for system parts and components, including inventory management and requirement specification.
- Assist with on-site product support in Australia and overseas.
- Assist in the design and implementation of systems and processes to improve the way in which we do business.
- Assist with the writing of product documentation and manuals.
- Contribute to a culture that values collaboration, technical excellence and on-going staff learning and development.
- Support the development of a strong OH&S culture.
Skills and Competencies
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, science, mining or a closely related technical discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a project engineering or project management role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able and willing to travel and work within Australia and overseas, including to remote locations such as mine sites, to support product commissioning and testing.
- Familiarity with the mining industry and mine-site operations.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: mechanical maintenance and repairs; basic electronics; engineering drawing and design.
- Experience in product development and the manufacturing sector.
- Familiarity with office productivity software such as Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Meets deadlines for delivering results.
- Strong inter-personnel skills, able to work well with others to achieve outcomes. Comfortable providing supervision to contractors.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Report directly to Chrysos’ Program Manager.
- Engage regularly with Chrysos suppliers and sub-contractors during design, installation, commissioning and on-going support phases of the product life-cycle.
- Work closely with Chrysos customers during installation, commissioning and operation of new products.
- Work with scientists and engineers in the product development and manufacturing teams.
- Competitive base salary
- Superannuation 9.5%
- Participation in employee share ownership program