Applicants will not be considered unless they submit both a CV and a summary of how they meet the essential and desirable skills and competencies listed below.
Only Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents are eligible to apply for this position
Email applications and any questions to email@example.com
POSITON DESCRIPTION – SERVICE MANAGER
We are seeking a smart, enthusiastic and hands-on Service Manager to join Chrysos Corporation, a new start-up company developing innovative assay technologies for the exploration, mining and mineral processing industries. Our technology combines robotics, radiation detection and electronic systems to provide fast, automated analysis of gold and other metals.
The successful applicant will have at least 5 years’ experience in an engineering service role and be keen to develop their skills in a fast-moving commercial environment.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Program Manager and will manage all aspects of the service and maintenance of our X-ray equipment. He or she will develop and implement service and support protocols, lead customer training, and manage the recruitment of an international service team.
- Build familiarity with Chrysos’ technology by providing short-term, on-site support for installations in Western Australia.
- Design, develop and implement systems and processes to ensure high-availability operations of Chrysos installations in Australia and overseas.
- Develop and maintain systems to provide responsive and flexible customer service, providing support for clients via on-site visits, telephone, email and remote computer access for troubleshooting and performance checks.
- Manage spares inventories.
- Work with manufacturing and product development teams to deliver improvements in reliability and serviceability.
- Assist with the writing of product documentation and manuals and the delivery of customer training.
- Contribute to a culture that values collaboration, technical excellence and on-going staff learning and development.
- Support the development of a strong OH&S culture.
Skills and Competencies
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, science, mining or a closely related technical discipline.
- A proven record of implementing maintenance processes and leading a team of maintenance and service engineers.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Able and willing to travel and work within Australia and overseas, including at remote locations such as mine sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the mining industry and mine-site operations.
- Customer Service and Field Service experience in mining, mineral processing or related industries.
- Demonstrated experience in fault finding in electrical, electronic or mechanical systems.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: mechanical maintenance and repairs; basic electronics; metal-working; engineering drawing and design.
- Familiarity with office productivity software such as Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Meets deadlines for delivering results.
- Strong inter-personnel skills, able to work well with others to achieve outcomes. Comfortable providing training to customers and supervision to contractors.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Report directly to the Program Manager.
- Engage regularly with customers during installation, commissioning and on-going support phases of the product life-cycle.
- Work closely with third-party support and maintenance contractors.
- Work with scientists and engineers in the product development and manufacturing teams.
- Competitive base salary
- Superannuation 9.5%
- Participation in employee share ownership program