Position description – Software Engineer
Based in Adelaide and recently expanded into Perth, Chrysos Corporation’s team of scientists, engineers and industry specialists are building technologies to provide rapid, accurate and safe ore analysis for the global mining industry. The company’s flagship technology, PhotonAssay, steps around centuries-old chemistry-based assay methods to deliver true ‘atom-counting’ analysis for the measurement of gold and other high-value metals. With successful installations in both Perth and Kalgoorlie, Chrysos is poised to take PhotonAssay to customers around the world – why not join us for this next exciting phase of our journey!
Reporting to the Software Team Leader, the Software Engineer will be responsible for on-going development of the software that runs Chrysos’ PhotonAssay minerals analysis systems. This software manages storage of and access to large data sets, provides interfaces for users and engineers, and facilitates local and remote control and fault-finding. The successful candidate will also contribute to the development, testing and implementation of software for new products.
- Design and implement software providing user access and control of PhotonAssay systems, interfacing with existing database and control systems.
- Design and implement software for remote storage and access to sensitive client data.
- Provide practical software engineering input to the Software Team Leader and other technical staff to develop conceptual designs for new products.
- Maintain documentation, testing, quality assurance and source-code management procedures in line with industry best-practice.
- Provide practical assistance in the set-up and commissioning of new products.
- Contribute to a culture that values collaboration, technical excellence and on-going staff learning and development.
- Support the development of a strong OH&S culture.
Skills and Competencies
- A tertiary qualification in a software engineering subject, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a software engineering role, including design and implementation of complex technical applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing effective user interfaces using web technologies, including management of data security.
- Demonstrated experience developing database applications.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of modern software design and management practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including preparation of technical documentation and manuals.
- Experience setting up and performing system administration on Linux operating systems.
- Able and willing to travel and work within Australia and overseas, including at remote locations such as mine sites, to support product commissioning and fault-finding.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Meets deadlines for delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaboration with people from different technical disciplines.
- Ability to work autonomously for extended periods and to take initiative to achieve goals.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Inventive and creative approach to problem solving; comfortable with ambiguity and open-ended questions.
- Report directly to the Software Team Leader.
- Collaborate with members of the technical development team, including the Product Manager, other software engineers and scientists.
- Engage with Chrysos suppliers and sub-contractors during design, installation, commissioning and on-going support phases of the product life-cycle.
- Interactions with Chrysos customers during installation and commissioning of new products.
- Competitive base salary
- Superannuation 9.5%
- Participation in employee share ownership program
Applicants must submit a covering letter, CV and statement addressing the required skills and competencies to firstname.lastname@example.org. The skills statement should outline how you meet the essential skills, and as many of the desirable skills as you think you possess.