Chrysos is hiring!
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to help us improve our award-winning PhotonAssay technology. With a background in electrical engineering, you’ll contribute to improving the designs of our current systems and next generations of PhotonAssay.
Who is Chrysos…and what do we do?
Headquartered in Adelaide and with team members in Victoria, Western Australia, North America and Africa, Chrysos’ team of scientists, engineers and industry specialists combines science and software to deliver game-changing minerals analysis technology to the global mining industry.
Originally developed by Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO, and underpinned by a network of intellectual property protections, Chrysos’ flagship technology PhotonAssayTM excites atomic nuclei in mineral samples with high-energy X-rays to provide analysis of gold, silver and complementary elements in as little as two minutes.
In delivering this faster, safer, more accurate and environmentally friendly solution, PhotonAssay has rapidly displaced slower, more hazardous and costly processes to become the mining industry’s most exciting and valuable assaying technology.
Why join us?
- We’re a friendly bunch
- We’re a safety-first business
- We like Friday pizzas as much as you do
- We’re growing fast – and so will your role
- We love our jobs – and think that you’ll love yours too
- Our technology is meaningful – it’s protecting workers and helping the environment
- Our technology is disruptive – it’s changing and improving the global mining industry
- We’re a secure and profitable business with a pipeline of local and international projects
The role of the role…
The Electrical Engineer, based in Adelaide, will be a core member of the Product Development team in Adelaide contributing to the future development of the Chrysos’ PhotonAssay technology. We are looking for an experienced engineer who loves to solve complex problems involved in the design and improvement of high-tech instruments that integrate mechanical, mechatronic and electrical systems. The candidate will have experience relating to the development, design, manufacture and delivery of complex technology and supporting electrical infrastructure.
It’s all about connection!
The Electrical Engineer, in carrying out of their duties will:
- Report directly to Chrysos’ Product Manager,
- Engage closely with the engineers in the Chrysos Product Improvement and Maintenance teams,
- Collaborate with Chrysos customers to ensure supporting electrical infrastructure is fit for purpose and meets local licence and legislative requirements in Australia, Africa and North America.
- Engage closely with electrical and automation suppliers including our major contractor.
- Interact with scientists and engineers in the Chrysos Product Development teams.
The nitty gritty.
The successful candidate will:
- Identify opportunities for performance, safety and reliability improvements to PhotonAssay machines, with a particular focus on the electrical wiring, panels and instrumentation.
- Manage the development and design of electrical aspects of new PhotonAssay products.
- Ensure that electrical wiring, switchboard, instrumentation and control aspects of new designs are of high quality and comply with AS/NZS 3000 Wiring Rules and Electrical Regulations.
- Maintain detailed and accurate design records, including schematic drawings, and review drawings and documentation submitted by sub-contractors.
- Provide customers with engineering reports for electrical installation requirements on site in line with local electrical, environmental and regulatory considerations,
OK, so what are we looking for?
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, preferably electrical engineering or a similar area, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an electrical engineering role
- Demonstrated excellence in overseeing the design and manufacture of complex products and collaborating with supply-chain partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including preparation of technical documentation, functional specifications and schematic drawings.
- Able and willing to travel both interstate and internationally (subject to Australian Government travel restrictions).
- Experience with AutoCAD for the creation of design drawings, diagrams and schematics.
- Experience with automation system design, including selection and optimisation of sensors, actuators and control systems and associated human factors.
- Experience applying industry best-practice design principles to new industrial equipment.
- Knowledge of machine safety and automation control systems.
- Experience working in the mining industry or developing products for mining applications; or experience in material or sample handling applications such as laboratory automation, automotive machine design and food packaging.
What’s your star sign?
- Do you love diagnosing and solving complex problems?
- Do you have a strong attention to detail and are highly organized?
- Do you meet deadlines for delivering results?
- Do you have strong inter-personnel skills with the ability to work well with others to achieve outcomes?
- Do you have a willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role?
The good stuff…what’s in it for you?
- In addition to a competitive base salary and superannuation, employees can also participate in Chrysos’ employee share ownership program
- Join a fast-growing company with a rewarding start-up culture and work on a technology which is disrupting the gold assaying industry