Chrysos is hiring!
We are seeking an Instrument Technician to help us supply our Chrysos PhotonAssayTM technology. With a background in Engineering or Science, you’ll join a team of dedicated staff working to deploy our Chrysos PhotonAssayTM instruments globally.
Who is Chrysos…and what do we do?
Headquartered in Adelaide and with team members in Victoria, Western Australia, North America and Africa, Chrysos’ team of scientists, engineers and industry specialists combines science and software to deliver game-changing minerals analysis technology to the global mining industry.
Originally developed by Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO, and underpinned by a network of intellectual property protections, Chrysos’ flagship technology PhotonAssayTM excites atomic nuclei in mineral samples with high-energy X-rays to provide analysis of gold, silver and complementary elements in as little as two minutes.
In delivering this faster, safer, more accurate and environmentally friendly solution, PhotonAssay has rapidly displaced slower, more hazardous and costly processes to become the mining industry’s most exciting and valuable assaying technology.
Why join us?
- We’re a friendly bunch
- We’re a safety-first business
- We like Friday pizzas as much as you do
- We’re growing fast – and so will your role
- We love our jobs – and think that you’ll love yours too
- Our technology is meaningful – it’s protecting workers and helping the environment
- Our technology is disruptive – it’s changing and improving the global mining industry
- We’re a secure and profitable business with a pipeline of local and international projects
The role of the role…
The Instrument Technician will support the Instrument Quality team in building our Chrysos PhotonAssayTM instruments, facilitating in-house quality control during pre-commissioning testing and installation.
It’s all about connection!
The Instrument Technician, in carrying out their duties, will liaise regularly with:
- Project Managers
- Component Manufacturers
- Software Developers
- Maintenance teams
The nitty gritty.
- Working with Physicists and other Instrument Technicians, build the detector stations that underpin the Chrysos PhotonAssay™ technology
- Under the supervision of senior managers, undertake pre-commissioning testing of PhotonAssay instruments including data acquisition and quality control
- Using Good Laboratory Practices, manufacture critical consumables to ensure the ongoing operations of the instruments
- Oversee project rollouts, including remotely coordinating on-site installations
- Assist in the development and continual improvement of the Chrysos PhotonAssay™ instruments
- Support the development of a strong workplace health and safety culture.
OK, so what are we looking for?
- Engineering or Science Degree
- Laboratory experience
- Permanent Australian residency or Australian citizenship
- Electrical Contractors License
- Electrical and/or Mechanical design experience
- Software and/or Information Technology experience
- Experience in product development and/or manufacturing
What’s your star sign?
- Do you pay attention to detail and are highly organized?
- Do you meet deadlines for delivering results?
- Strong inter-personnel skills, able to work well with others to achieve outcomes.
- Have a willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
The good stuff…what’s in it for you?
- A permanent full-time role with a growing technology company based in Adelaide
- A competitive base salary
- Statutory Superannuation
- Chrysos Corporation is situated within the CSIRO Waite Campus and all staff, visitors and contractors attending this location must comply with CSIRO guidelines. At this time, this includes being fully vaccinated. Further information is available at csiro.au/en/about/locations/covid-safe-plan.