Chrysos is hiring!
Chrysos Corporation is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic hands-on Maintenance Engineer. The successful applicant will have excelled in their technical studies and have at least 3 year’s working experience. Chrysos is headquartered in Adelaide in Australia, however the role is based in Mali.
Who is Chrysos…and what do we do?
Chrysos Corporation’s team of scientists, engineers and industry specialists are building technologies to provide rapid, accurate and safe ore analysis for the global mining industry. The company’s flagship technology, PhotonAssay, steps around centuries-old chemistry-based assay methods to deliver true ‘atom-counting’ analysis for the measurement of gold and other high-value metals. Chrysos is poised to take PhotonAssay to customers around the world – why not join us for this next exciting phase of our journey!
The Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and service of PhotonAssay installations in Mali and surrounding regions, with initial installation at the Morila mine site.
- Scheduled monthly maintenance as well as responding to breakdowns on short notice to minimise downtime and maximise availability.
- Technical support service for the installations via telephone, email and remote computer login for troubleshooting and performance checks during and out of office hours as agreed. This will involve liaising with support staff at Chrysos’ headquarters and our technology partner in China.
- Training of the customer on the safe operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Site specific spares inventory management for customers and installations.
- Complete maintenance and spares documentation and providing feedback to customers.
- Assisting in the development and continual improvement of the processes associated with the maintenance and service of PhotonAssay systems.
- Assisting in the installation and commissioning of new installations within the region.
- Supporting the development of a strong OH&S culture.
Skills and Competencies
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, scientific, mining or a closely related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining technical equipment.
- Strong customer service ethos and problem-solving skills.
- Able and willing to travel and work within Mali and overseas, including at remote locations such as mine sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the mining industry and mine-site operations.
- Customer Service and Field Service experience in the mining or mineral sector (or related) processing industries.
- Demonstrated experience in fault finding in electro-mechanical equipment.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: mechanical maintenance and repairs; basic electronics; metal-working; engineering drawing and design.
- Experience in product development and the manufacturing sector.
- Familiarity with office productivity software such as Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Meets deadlines for delivering results.
- Strong inter-personnel skills, able to work well with others to achieve outcomes.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Report directly to Chrysos’ Operations Manager.
- Engage closely with Chrysos customers on the maintenance and technical support of the PhotonAssay systems in Mali.
- Interact with scientists and engineers in the Chrysos product development teams.
- Competitive base salary.