Chrysos is hiring!
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic hands-on Maintenance Engineer. The successful applicant will have excelled in their technical studies and have at least 3 years’ working experience. The role is based in Quebec or Ontario (Canada) with regular travel to customer sites, initially this will be to Val d’Or and Timmons.
Who is Chrysos…and what do we do?
Headquartered Down Under in Adelaide and with staff in Victoria, Western Australia, North America and Africa, Chrysos’ team of scientists, engineers and industry specialists combines science and software to deliver game-changing minerals analysis technology to the global mining industry.
Originally developed by Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO, and underpinned by a network of intellectual property protections, Chrysos’ flagship technology PhotonAssayTM excites atomic nuclei in mineral samples with high-energy X-rays to provide analysis of gold, silver and complementary elements in as little as two minutes.
In delivering this faster, safer, more accurate and environmentally friendly solution, PhotonAssay has rapidly displaced slower, more hazardous and costly processes to become the mining industry’s most exciting and valuable assaying technology.
Why join us?
- We’re a friendly bunch
- We’re a safety-first business
- We like Friday pizzas as much as you do
- We’re growing fast – and so will your role
- We love our jobs – and think that you’ll love yours too
- Our technology is meaningful – it’s protecting workers and helping the environment
- Our technology is disruptive – it’s changing and improving the global mining industry
- We’re a secure and profitable business with a pipeline of local and international projects
The role of the role…
The Maintenance Engineer, with support from the rest of the team, will be providing hands-on technical support service to ensure the smooth running of Chrysos PhotonAssay equipment.
It’s all about connection!
- The Maintenance Engineer, in carrying out of their duties, will liaise regularly with:
- Report directly to Chrysos’ Maintenance Manager – North America.
- Engage closely with Chrysos customers on the maintenance and technical support of the PhotonAssay systems.
- Interact with scientists and engineers in the Chrysos product development teams.
The nitty gritty.
- This role is responsible for maintenance and service of PhotonAssay installations in Canada, initially in Val d’Or and Timmons.
- Scheduled monthly maintenance as well as responding to breakdowns on short notice to minimise downtime and maximise availability.
- Technical support service for the installations via telephone, email and remote computer login for troubleshooting and performance checks during and out of office hours as agreed. This will involve liaising with support staff at Chrysos’ headquarters and our technology partner in China.
- Training of the customer on the safe operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Spares inventory management for each installation site.
- Complete maintenance and spares documentation and providing feedback to customers.
- Assisting in the development and continual improvement of the processes associated with the maintenance and service of PhotonAssay systems. Assisting in the installation and commissioning of new installations.
- Supporting the ongoing development of a strong WHS culture.
OK, so what are we looking for?
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining technical equipment.
- Safety mindset.
- Strong customer service ethos and problem-solving skills.
- Able and willing to travel and work within Canada and overseas, including at remote locations such as mine sites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Permanent Canadian residency or Canadian citizenship.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- Tertiary qualification in engineering (electrical, electronic, mechanical or mechatronic) or a closely related technical discipline.
- Familiarity with the mining industry and mine-site operations.
- Customer Service and Field Service experience in the mining or mineral sector (or related) processing industries.
- Demonstrated experience in fault finding in electro-mechanical equipment.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas: electrical wiring and safety, power distribution, mechanical maintenance and repairs; basic electronics; metalworking; engineering drawing and design.
- Experience in product development and the manufacturing sector.
- Familiarity with office productivity software such as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What’s your star sign?
- Do you have a strong attention to detail and are highly organized?
- Do you meet deadlines for delivering results?
- Strong inter-personnel skills, able to work well with others to achieve outcomes.
- Have a willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
The good stuff…what’s in it for you?
- This permanent full-time role is based in Canada, either Quebec or Ontario, with regular travel to customer sites – this is a FIFO role.
- We offer a competitive base salary.
- Working with great technology and great customers.