Chrysos is hiring!
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to help us improve our award-winning PhotonAssay technology. With a background in mechanical or mechatronic engineering, you’ll contribute to improving the designs of our current systems and future generations of PhotonAssay.
Who is Chrysos…and what do we do?
Headquartered in Adelaide and with staff in Victoria, Western Australia, North America and Africa, Chrysos’ team of scientists, engineers and industry specialists combines science and software to deliver game-changing minerals analysis technology to the global mining industry.
Originally developed by Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO, and underpinned by a network of intellectual property protections, Chrysos’ flagship technology PhotonAssayTM excites atomic nuclei in mineral samples with high-energy X-rays to provide analysis of gold, silver and complementary elements in as little as two minutes.
In delivering this faster, safer, more accurate and environmentally-friendly solution, PhotonAssay has rapidly displaced slower, more hazardous and costly processes to become the mining industry’s most exciting and valuable assaying technology.
Why join us?
- We’re a friendly bunch
- We’re a safety-first business
- We like Friday pizzas as much as you do
- We’re growing fast – and so will your role
- We love our jobs – and think that you’ll love yours too
- Our technology is meaningful – it’s protecting workers and helping the environment
- Our technology is disruptive – it’s changing and improving the global mining industry
- We’re a secure and profitable business with a pipeline of local and international projects
The role of the role…
The Mechanical Design Engineer, based in Adelaide, will be a core member of the Product Development team and will contribute to the future development of the Chrysos’ PhotonAssay technology.
We are looking for an experienced mechanical engineer who loves to solve the complex problems involved in integrating mechanical, mechatronic and electrical systems. The candidate will have experience relating to the development, design, manufacture and delivery of complex technology.
It’s all about connection!
The Mechanical Design Engineer, in carrying out of their duties will:
- Report directly to Chrysos’ Product Manager.
- Engage closely with the engineers in the Chrysos Product Improvement and Maintenance teams.
- Collaborate with Chrysos’ customers and suppliers including technical staff from our major contractor.
- Interact with scientists and engineers in the Chrysos Product Development teams.
The nitty gritty.
- Identify opportunities for performance, safety and reliability improvements to Chrysos’ PhotonAssay machines, with a particular focus on automated sample handling and robotics.
- Define and implement design and manufacturing improvements.
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation and engineering drawings of Chrysos’ products, and review drawings submitted by subcontractors.
- Work with our partners on the development of the next generation of PhotonAssay Max analysers.
OK, so what are we looking for?
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, preferably mechanical/mechatronic or similar area, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a design engineering role
- Experience with 2D and 3D CAD tools such as AutoCAD and Inventor
- Demonstrated excellence in overseeing the design and manufacture of complex products and collaborating with supply chain partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including preparation of technical documentation and functional specifications.
- Able and willing to travel both interstate and internationally (subject to Australian Government travel restrictions).
- Experience modelling large assemblies with complex mechanical interfaces
- Experience with automation system design, including selection and optimisation of sensors, actuators and control systems and associated human factors
- Experience working in the mining industry or developing products for mining applications; or experience in material or sample handling applications such as laboratory automation, automotive machine design and food packaging.
- Experience with the specification of refrigeration and HVAC systems for sensitive equipment
What’s your star sign?
- Do you love diagnosing and solving complex problems?
- Do you have a strong attention to detail and are highly organized?
- Do you meet deadlines for delivering results?
- Do you have strong inter-personnel skills with the ability to work well with others to achieve outcomes?
- Do you have a willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role?
The good stuff…what’s in it for you?
- In addition to a competitive base salary and superannuation, employees can also participate in Chrysos’ employee share ownership program
- Join a fast-growing company with a rewarding start-up culture and work on a technology which is disrupting the gold assaying industry