Chrysos is hiring!
We are seeking a Project Manager to help us lead the deployment of our award-winning PhotonAssay technology. With a background in project management, you’ll be part of a dedicated team of project managers who deploy our PhotonAssay systems around the globe.
Who is Chrysos…and what do we do?
Headquartered in Adelaide and with team members in Victoria, Western Australia, North America and Africa, Chrysos’ team of scientists, engineers and industry specialists combines science and software to deliver game-changing minerals analysis technology to the global mining industry.
Originally developed by Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO, and underpinned by a network of intellectual property protections, Chrysos’ flagship technology PhotonAssayTM excites atomic nuclei in mineral samples with high-energy X-rays to provide analysis of gold, silver and complementary elements in as little as two minutes.
In delivering this faster, safer, more accurate and environmentally friendly solution, PhotonAssay has rapidly displaced slower, more hazardous and costly processes to become the mining industry’s most exciting and valuable assaying technology.
Why join us?
- We’re a friendly bunch
- We’re a safety-first business
- We like Friday pizzas as much as you do
- We’re growing fast – and so will your role
- We love our jobs – and think that you’ll love yours too
- Our technology is meaningful – it’s protecting workers and helping the environment
- Our technology is disruptive – it’s changing and improving the global mining industry
- We’re a secure and profitable business with a pipeline of local and international projects
The role of the role…
The Project Manager, ideally based in West Africa or Tanzania, will form part of the project management team who manage the deployment of the PhotonAssay systems around the world.
We are looking for a project manager who has experience in the delivery of complex heavy machinery projects. The candidate will have experience relating to the logistics, installation and commissioning, time management and delivery of complex technology into an operating environment.
It’s all about connection!
The Project Manager, in carrying out of their duties:
- Report directly to Chrysos’ Operations Manager,
- Engage closely with our manufacturing and deployment partners,
- Engage closely during installation ad commissioning of the PA system with Chrysos customers and suppliers including staff from our major contractor,
- Interact with scientists and engineers in the Chrysos product development teams.
The nitty gritty.
- Responsibility for managing installation and commissioning process, including identification of installation site, oversight of installation requirements, and local authorities licencing and accreditation requirements.
- Responsibility for product commissioning, including liaison with customers and their sub-contractors, schedule planning, and coordination of on-site technical teams.
- Responsibility for supply chain management for the provision of various components as required by the company, including inventory management and requirements.
- Assist in the design and implementation of systems/processes to improve the way in which we do business.
- Support the ongoing development of a strong OH&S culture.
OK, so what are we looking for?
- A tertiary qualification in project management, engineering, mining or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in project management, developing and implementing project management processes, in the deployment of high-tech equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including preparation of technical documentation and processes.
- Able and willing to travel to installation sites across Africa and internationally, including to remote locations such as mine sites.
- Experience with the mining industry and mine-site operations or experience with civil engineering projects.
- Demonstrated hands on experience in a diverse environment, potentially across international operations.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Familiarity with office productivity software such as SharePoint, Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What’s your star sign?
- Do you love successfully delivering complex problems?
- Do you have a strong attention to detail and are highly organized?
- Do you meet deadlines for delivering results?
- Do you have strong inter-personnel skills with the ability to work well with others to achieve outcomes?
- Do you have a willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role?
The good stuff…what’s in it for you?
- In addition to a competitive base salary and superannuation, from time to time, employee are invited to participate in Chrysos’ employee share ownership program.
- Join a fast-growing company with a rewarding start-up culture and work on a technology which is disrupting the gold assaying industry.