The Chrysos commitment and mission
Here at Chrysos we combine science and software to create technology solutions that are changing the global mining industry; both from a productivity and environmental impact perspective.
Just like atoms and machines, we believe that everyone is different and how individuals come together is what makes us successful. Headquartered in Adelaide and with team members based in Western Australia, Victoria, Africa and North America, Chrysos Corporation’s diverse team of scientists, engineers and industry specialists are coming together to build technologies to provide rapid, accurate and safe ore analysis for the global mining industry.
The company’s flagship technology, PhotonAssay, steps around centuries-old chemistry-based assay methods to deliver true ‘atom-counting’ analysis for the measurement of gold and other high-value metals. With successful installations around Australia and a strong pipeline of global projects, Chrysos is taking PhotonAssay to customers around the world – Chrysos could take you to places that you might not have even imagined yet. There’s opportunity around every corner and the support to help you achieve your goals.
About the role
Primarily collaborating with an amazing team of software, physics and IT professional, the Cloud Engineer will design, develop, implement, optimise and maintain all cloud- based solutions based on the needs of the business. The Cloud Engineer will have excellent communication skills and the ability to gain a deep understanding of the business in a short period of time. There will also be a need to collaborate with other areas of the business as the Chrysos cloud adoption matures. This role will be based in Adelaide, however remote work is optional from any Australian location.
What you will do:
- Gather requirements from the business to develop optimal solutions within a Cloud-First strategy
- Design, Implement and Support Cloud Infrastructure whilst adhering to best practice
- Utilise automation tools to implement Cloud Infrastructure
- Migrate existing on-prem solutions to Public Cloud
- Work with vendors, outsourcers and contractors as neededOperations
- Continual monitoring and improvement of existing systems
- Identifying and resolving infrastructure and application vulnerabilities
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
- Participating in Incident, Request and Change Management processes
- Participating in Disaster Recovery ExercisesCulture and team
- Supporting the development of a strong WHS culture.
- Assisting in the development and continual improvement of IT Systems across Production and Corporate environments
Who you are
- OnPrem to Cloud migration experience
- Understanding of security by design and Cloud best practice
- Cloud Infrastructure automation (CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, Octopus, etc)
- A good understanding of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Vendor management
- Ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts and vice versa.
- Public Cloud Certifications on AWS or Azure
- Excellent Linux skills
- Experience with containerised applications using Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with hosting internet facing applications utilising load balancers, CDN & WAF
- Monitoring experience
- Backup and DR experience
- Respect – for everyone with due regard for their feelings, wishes or rights
- Empathy – the ability to sense what the client, colleague or other stakeholder needs from you.
- Integrity – being honest and consistently adhering to strong moral and ethical principles and values.
- A team player with strong inter-personnel skills.
- Able to work well alone and with others to achieve outcomes.
- Attention to detail and highly organised.
- Meets deadlines for delivering results.
- Willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks, including those both ‘above’ and ‘below’ the designated role.
- Ability to work after hours when required
Why come and join us?
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or on one of our client sites, we recognise that every single person is unique and our Chrysos benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
We encourage flexibility and well-being. In today’s busy world it can be hard to find the right balance. Our people leaders welcome the discussion on flexibility and will always do their best to support your individual situation. To support this, we ensure you are well equipped with a mobile phone and at home computer set-up.
Yes, like many other businesses we have team activities, like pizza or different sports, but with us you will get the chance to work with exciting, ground-breaking equipment that is revolutionising and reducing the environmental impact of our mining industry. You will work with some of the best minds in the industry and be afforded career growth and development opportunities.
If this sounds like what you are looking for. Then send a covering letter, CV and statement addressing the required skills and competencies
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. When you apply, please feel free to tell us the pronouns you use or any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.